Region 10 Young Professionals Student-YP Joint Activity Fund is initiated to improve Young Professionals (YP) and students collaboration within the section level. This will improve student engagement with YPs and their activities, to learn, get inspired, and get motivated to excel in their professional career through career development events, coaching, and entrepreneurship workshops. Moreover, this initiative also aims to provide a platform for students to network with section-level IEEE Young Professionals volunteers and to get motivated to contribute to their section YP AG activities after graduation.
Who Can Submit a Proposal?
The proposal can only be submitted by the Young Professionals Affinity Group of each section. The proposal should be submitted by the project lead. The project lead should be the focal volunteer till the completion of the project. The project lead can be any IEEE Young Professional member of the Young Professionals Affinity Group in which the proposed project is expected to be carried out. The affinity group chair must endorse the proposal when the project lead (Submitter) is NOT the Chair of the Young Professionals Affinity Group.
Fund Qualification Criteria
Proposals submitted by the Young Professionals Affinity Group must fulfill all the criteria in order to be eligible for the grant. The activities could be organized in any format including Face-to-Face, virtual or hybrid modes.
The activity must be in alignment with IEEE R10 Young Professionals Committee goals of conducting any of the following:
- Career Development Activities (Career Fair/workshops/Industry Forums)
- Coaching on Further Study After Graduation
- Entrepreneurship Activities/workshops
* Each Young Professionals Affinity Group is only allowed to obtain this fund once a year.
** The virtual activities shall be hosted via any online platform (e.g. Webex, Zoom, Youtube or Google Meet). Virtual activities should be recorded, and the links to access the recorded clips should be stated in the activity report that will be submitted for reimbursement claims (please read the “Reimbursement Claims” section below for more details).
*** Face-to-Face activities must adhere to the provided Standard Operating Procedures set by the country where the activities will be carried out.
Proposal Judging Criteria
The proposals submitted should include a brief overview of the activity to be conducted along with the impact of the activity. A proposed date, program, and expected number of participants should be included in the proposal. The proposal format should follow the template provided. Please download the proposal template at this link.
The proposals will be judged according to the following:
- Nature of the proposed activity and its objectives
- The quality of the proposed program and its speakers
- Impact – A description of how the planned activity can benefit student members transition to Young Professionals
- Metrics to measure its success (Number of students /student branches/participants/ student branch chairs/ student branch counselors)
- Financial support requested from R10 Young Professionals
- Face-to-Face activities: A maximum of US$ 400.
- Hybrid (face-to-face and virtual) activities: A maximum of US$ 400
- Virtual Activities: A maximum of US$ 250.
The proposals should be submitted via the R10 Young Professionals Submission Portal (link) with the following steps.
- Step 1: Access the Young Professionals Submission Portal
- Step 2: Register as a “user” or Login with your IEEE/Google account
- Step 3: Select the funding category from the drop down menu (Student-YP Joint Activity Fund)
- Step 4: Complete the questionnaires
- Step 5: Upload the proposal
(The proposal format should follow the template provided. Please download the proposal template at this link) * Please skip Step 6, if the YP affinity group chair is the project lead (submitter).
- Step 6: Request & receive endorsement.
(Step 6 is only applicable if the project lead (submitter) is NOT the YP affinity group chair. The endorsement should be requested via the Region 10 Young Professionals Submission Portal. Submit a request for endorsement by providing the endorser’s contact information. The endorser should be the YP affinity group chair. Once the project lead has submitted a request for endorsement, the endorser will be receiving an automated email from the system to provide the endorsement at a dedicated webpage)
Once the endorsement is received, the proposal gets automatically completed in the system. No further action is needed.
Round 1 (February 2021 – July 2021)
- Call for proposals: 1st March 2021
- Deadline for proposal submission: 1st April 2021
- Announcement of Results: 15th April 2021
- Duration given to organize activities: 15th April – 15th June 2021
- Deadline for report submissions: Within a maximum of one month from the date of activity completion. Final date to submit all reports is 30th June 2021
- Report evaluation period: 30th June 2021 – 15th July 2021
- Fund Transfer: August 2021
Round 2 (June 2021 – December 2021)
- Call for proposals: 15th June 2021
- Deadline for proposal submission: 15th July 2021
- Announce Results: 1st August 2021
- Duration is given to organize activities: 1st August – 30th September 2021
- Deadline for report submissions: Within one month from the date of activity completion. Final date to submit all reports is 15th October 2021
- Report evaluation period: 15th October 2021 – 30th November 2021
- Fund Transfer: December 2021
E-certificates will be awarded to all Affinity Groups that have completed the proposed project under the funding. Project articles will be published in R10 Young Professionals website and Region 10 Newsletter.
Reimbursement claims are only applicable for projects that are selected for funding. A detailed report should be submitted within the specified time period to IEEE R10 Young Professionals Committee. The report should include a brief article with the activity details accompanied by pictures (which will be published in the R10 newsletter). Recording links of the virtual activities should be stated in the activity report. The report should include the attended number of participants (specifying IEEE members attendees). The report format should strictly follow the templates provided. The report templates will be provided to all fund recipients during the results notification stage.
The funds will be transferred only upon receiving the following items:
- Activity Report
- Finance/expense Report
- All Receipts
The reimbursement claim reports and all receipts should be submitted by the project lead.
For inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org