The IEEE Region10 Young Professionals REVOL 2021 program aims to bring a revolution in recognizing the volunteers in all the Sections across IEEE Region10. As such, this program aims to identify vibrant volunteers who are IEEE Student Members in their final year of undergraduate studies/ Graduate IEEE Student Member/ IEEE Young Professionals of their first year membership across IEEE Region10 for their exceptional performance in both academic and professional life along with the contribution as a volunteer for IEEE. The theme of this program is “giving back to the community”. As such, the selected candidates are provided with the opportunity to serve as ambassadors for the IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Committee especially to promote Student to Young Professionals membership transitions and the selected candidates will have an opportunity to network and work with the IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Committee.
- The nominee and the nominator should be residing within the geography of IEEE Region10.
- The nominee and the nominator should hold active IEEE Membership at the time of nomination.
- The nominee should be an IEEE Student member in their final year of undergraduate studies or Graduate IEEE Student Member or a member who is in their first year IEEE Young Professionals membership.
- The nominee should be an active IEEE member for more than one year.
- Nominee’s overall contributions to IEEE.
- Nominee’s contributions towards IEEE Membership Development.
- Nominee’s involvement in IEEE technical and humanitarian activities.
- The impact of the initiatives conducted by the nominee to the IEEE Community.
- Awards/achievements of the nominee.
Nomination and Endorsement criteria:
- The declaration form filled and signed by the nominee must be submitted, stating his/her consent on the nomination and if selected, agreeing to serve as an IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Ambassador. Please download the declaration form here
- Any IEEE member (except for Student members) can nominate a potential candidate and the nomination should be endorsed by the respective Section Chair or Section Young Professionals Affinity Group Chair or Section Student Activities Committee Chair.
The IEEE Officer Position of the endorser should be reported via IEEE vTools, for the endorsement to be considered valid.
- Each endorser is advised to endorse one nomination. Multiple endorsements per endorser is not entertained. Multiple endorsements will result in the random selection of one nomination by IEEE Region10 Young Professionals committee.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- Please note that the proof of nominee’s and nominator’s membership subscription history should be provided.
The membership subscription history can be accessed at: https://www.ieee.org/profile/membershipandsubscription/showMembershipsAndSubscriptions.html
How to nominate someone?
- All the nominations should be submitted via the IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Submission Portal with the following steps.
- Step 1: Access the IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Submission Portal.
- Step 2: Register as a “user” or log in with your IEEE/Google account.
- Step 3: Select the category from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Complete the nomination questionnaires.
- Step 5: Upload the declaration form which is completed and signed by the nominee.
- Step 6: Request & receive endorsement.
(Endorsement should be requested via the IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Submission Portal. Submit a request for endorsement by providing the endorser contact information. Once the nominator has submitted a request for endorsement, the endorser will be receiving an automated email from the system to provide the endorsement at a dedicated webpage)
Once the endorsement is received, the nomination gets automatically submitted/completed in the system. No further action is needed.
The selection committee reserves the right to announce the winners. No winners will be selected if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of the received nominations. The decision of the committee, as approved by the IEEE Region10 Director, is final.
IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Committee will notify the results of the program through email to all the selected winners and their respective Section Chair and Secretary.
- One winner per section will be selected. Each winner will receive free electronic IEEE membership for one year.
- Winners will also be automatically appointed as IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Ambassador for 2021-2022, especially in promoting students to Young Professionals Transitions within IEEE Region10 especially in their respective sections.
Duration of IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Ambassador:
IEEE Region10 Young Professionals REVOL 2021 winners will serve as IEEE Region10 Young Professionals ambassadors for a period of 6 months (July 2021 – January 2022)
Roles & Responsibilities of the ambassador:
- Familiarize with the IEEE’s mission and vision, and IEEE Young Professionals goals.
- Support IEEE Region10 Young Professionals in promoting students to young professionals transitions, by encouraging new members to join IEEE as young professionals and graduating students to elevate their membership to young professionals.
- Spread awareness about the events conducted by IEEE Region10 Young Professionals through their network and social media.
Benefits for the ambassador:
- Development of Leadership, Organizational, and Managerial Skills.
- Interaction with IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Leaders throughout the Program.
- Global Networking Experience.
- Certificate of Recognition.
IEEE Region10 Young Professionals REVOL 2021 Timeline:
- Nomination Deadline: 15th June 2021
- Evaluation period: June 2021
- Winner Announcement: July 2021
Points of Contact:
IEEE Region10 Young Professionals Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)