An all virtual program preparing students for their future careers
18th , 19th & 25th September 2021
IEEE R10 Young Professionals’ CLAP (Career and Leadership Aid Program) is an intensive virtual program to assist students and graduate student members in preparing for their future careers
Get to know everything about CLAP
Our delegate handbook distills all the information you need to know about CLAP, schedule, speakers, instructors, competition and to how to get best out of the Airmeet platform.
Career and Leadership Aid Program (CLAP)
IEEE Region 10 Young Professionals’ Career and Leadership Aid Program (CLAP) is a virtual program aimed to help prepare students and graduate students to achieve their future career. This will be a great opportunity for budding young professionals to receive a broader overview on global career opportunities through various activities. The career guidance and training program will be an active boot camp over a span of two weeks which will be interactive and informative.
Discover our Program
4:50 PM–5:00 PM
IEEE Member benefits and Volunteering with IEEE
Speaker: Simay Akar
5:00 PM–5:15 PM
Skills to pursue a career in Industry
Speaker: Erica Hanson
5:15 PM–5:30 PM
Speaker: Ayu Shahirah Salem
5:35 PM–5:50 PM
Speaker: Sampath Thrimavithana
5:55 PM–6:10 PM
Strategies for internship/job search
Speaker: John D Mcdonald
6:20 PM - 6:35 PM
Skills to pursue a career in academia
Speaker: Assoc. Prof. Wee-Jun Ong
6:40 PM - 6:55 PM
Education after graduation
Speaker: Prof. Takako Hashimoto
7:00 PM - 7:15 PM
Scholarship Application Tips
Speaker: Ruwangi Fernando
7:20 PM - 7:35 PM
How to make a good publication
Speaker: Prof. Ashutosh Kumar
7:40 PM - 7:55 PM
Speaker: Salheen Bakhat
8:00 PM - 8:20 PM
Speaker: Feny Roy & Muhammad Hamza
8:20 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Mithushan Jalangan
4:30 PM–4:40 PM
Speaker: Warunika Hippola
4:40 PM–4:55 PM
Choosing industry as the career after graduation
Speaker: Matt Scott
4:55 PM–5:10 PM
Choosing academia as the career after graduation
Speaker: Prof. Tuong-Thuy Vu
5:10 PM–5:25 PM
Choosing Entrepreneurship as the career after graduation
Speaker: Adrian Soe Myint
5:25 PM–5:40 PM
Leadership skills for career
Speaker: Dr. Clara Neppel
5:45 PM–6:30 PM
Panel Discussion: Discuss - Explore - Enrich
Speakers: Matt Scott, Prof. Tuong-Thuy Vu, Adrian Soe Myint & Dr. Clara Neppel
6:35 PM–6:50 PM
Aligning Your Career with IEEE
Speaker: Susan K. (Kathy) Land
6:50 PM–6:55 PM
Speaker: Mohammed Hussein
6:55 PM–7:05 PM
Cluster Team Lead Briefing Session
Speaker: Mayesha Tafannum, Muhammad Hamza
4:30 PM–4:35 PM
4:35 PM–4:50 PM
CLAPathon Briefing and Judge Introduction
Prof. Zuhaina Zakaria, Amit kumar, Prof. Jennifer Chua Dela Cruz, Varghese Cherian
7:00 PM–7:15 PM
Awarding and Closing Ceremony
Speaker: Dr. Saaveethya Sivakumar & Pooja Haridas
The objective of the CLAP Challenge is to engage participants in the “Learning and Sharing” activity to evaluate the understanding of the participants in Academia & Industry and to make them familiar with it. This challenge leads to sharing their IEEE Value Addition Experiences in form of Video.
CLAP Challenge will start on 18th September 2021 and will be divided into 2 Phases.
- 20 Minutes quiz Competition at the end of Day 1 (18th September 2021).
- The content of the Quiz will be from the Speaker’s Presentation and Topics.
- The quiz will be automatically evaluated on the basis of Correct Answers and Top Speed.
- The top 15 Participants from Round 1 (QUIZ Challenge) will be qualified for Round 2.
- Round 2 is an SYP Video Competition.
- The top 15 Participants will be Qualified for the SYP Video Competition.
- Round 2 Contestant needs to Make a video on the theme of (IEEE Adding Value in my Life)
- SYP Video Submission Guidelines.
- Max 3 Min Video.
- Video Includes (Intro, How IEEE is adding Value in your Life, Remarks about CLAP).
- Video will be evaluated on the basis of
- Content quality of the Video.
- Creative Idea.
- Deadline for Video Submission (23rd September, 2021). The video submitted should be original and should never have been shared elsewhere other than the CLAP Committee. The CLAP Committee reserves the right to disqualify any submission subjected to copyright.
The objective of Booth Presentation is to let the delegates unleash their creativity and show us the best of their teamwork! They would be required to assemble their Cluster mates, research, collect ideas and display the most innovative presentation at the CLAP Booth and explore chances to win exciting prizes!
Each cluster is required to perform a booth presentation on 25th September 2021.
- All Members of Each Cluster should contribute to the presentation content.
- One Member from each Cluster will present the Presentation.
- Each Cluster has to pre-record a Video Presentation of the assigned topic.
- A designated booth via airmeet platform will be assigned to each cluster.
- Each cluster should appoint a booth manager who would be responsible to set up the booth.
- The Pre-Recorded video presentation should be uploaded to the Booth setup. Guide to set up the booth can be found here.
- The booth manager should be available at the booth during the Judges Visit on 25th September 2021.
- The focus of the presentation
- Clarity and coherence of the content
- The thoroughness of the ideas presented and the analysis
- Clarity of the presentation
- Effective use of facts, statistics, and details
- Design of the slides
- Effective use of images
All members of the winning cluster will be receiving USD 25 worth IEEE Membership or IEEE Society Membership.