IEEE Region 10 places very high priority to assist Young Professionals in their early career by creating opportunities to network, refine and plan their career goals, and learn soft skills to boost their chance for success. IEEE Region 10 recognizes the vital role that volunteers play in the realization of these objectives and has launched Region 10 Young Professionals Outstanding Volunteer Award to motivate and recognize the efforts and achievements of Young Professionals who have made substantial contributions towards their professional field through volunteering for IEEE. The award will be conferred upon two categories namely, (1) academia and (2) industry. One winner per category will be chosen, considering the substantive projects and achievements of the candidates which have left an undeniable imprint.
The purpose of this award is to encourage the high-spirited volunteerism and contributions of individuals and showcase their initiatives that have benefited academia/industry.
Based on the merit of candidates the Region 10 Young Professionals Awards Committee will select one winner in each category (academia and industry) for the contest year. If no candidate is found to be suitable in a category, no award will be given in that category for the contest year.
- The nominee should be a IEEE Young Professional Member and should be residing within the geography of IEEE Region 10.
- The nominee should be from academia/industry at the time of nomination and professional working in industry/academia for more than three (3) years.
- The nominee should have contributed to IEEE Young Professionals as a volunteer for at least three (3) years.
- The nominee should have made substantial contributions to the activities of Young Professionals in Section and/or Region 10, which have directed to the fulfillment of one or more of the goals of Region 10 and/or MGA Young Professionals. The activity mentioned will be considered only if it is reported in the official reporting system via vTools Events.
- The nominee should not have received the same award in the past three (3) years.
- The following officers from Region 10 Young Professionals Committee cannot be nominated for the award; Region 10 Young Professionals Committee Chair, Region 10 Young Professionals Information Management & Communications Coordinator, Region 10 Young Professionals Awards & Recognition Coordinators, Region 10 Young Professionals Media and Marketing Lead and Region 10 Young Professionals Webmaster.
- Any IEEE member (except for Student member) can nominate a potential candidate for the award and it should be endorsed by the respective Section Young Professionals Affinity Group Chair or Section Chair. No self-nominations will be accepted.
- The nomination should be submitted via the R10 Young Professionals Awards Submission Portal with the following steps.
- Step 1: Access the Young Professionals Awards Submission Portal
- Step 2: Register as a “user” or log in with your IEEE/Google account
- Step 3: Select the award category from the drop-down menu
- Step 4: Complete the nomination questionnaires.
- Step 5: Request & receive endorsement.
(Endorsement should be requested via the Region 10 Young Professionals Awards Submission Portal. Submit a request for endorsement by providing the endorser’s contact information. Once the nominator has submitted a request for endorsement, the endorser will be receiving an automated email from the system to provide the endorsement at a dedicated webpage. Only nominations which have received the endorsement will be able to proceed to Step 6, in submitting the award application)
- Step 6: Review, confirm and submit.
Basis of Selection
The following points will be considered in the selection:
- Nominee’s contributions that created an impact and added value to the membership of IEEE Young Professionals with respect to,
- Leadership abilities and achievements.
- Professional activities conducted.
- Collaborative activities conducted.
- Efforts taken to expand the sectional/regional/global network of IEEE Young Professionals.
- Activities conducted on Student to Young Professional member elevation.
- The long-standing impact of the activity or activities organized by the nominee towards the goals of IEEE MGA Young Professionals and/or Region 10 Young Professionals.
- Efforts taken by the nominee to increase the value of IEEE and/or towards career development of Young Professionals in his/her field (Academia/Industry).
The Region 10 Young Professionals Awards Committee is composed of at least six (6) members for coordination, execution, processing, and selection of award recipients. The awards committee reserves the right to present no award if the committee is not satisfied with the standard or quality of entries received. The decision of the awards committee, as approved by the Region 10 Director, is final.
- Call for Nominations: 20th March 2020
- Nomination Deadline: 30th May 2020
- Evaluation period: 1st June to 30th July
- Recipient Notified: Around mid-August to early September
An award plaque and one-year IEEE Membership fee will be subsidized by Region 10 for the award winner(s).
The award will be presented during the Region 10 SYWL Congress if scheduled for the year, with the winner attending on self-funding basis. Otherwise, the award will be handed over to the respective Section Chair during the Region 10 Annual General Meeting for presentation to the winner during an appropriate local event.
The IEEE Region 10 Young Professionals Committee Chair notifies the result of selection by e-mail to individual award recipients. Region 10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair will make an official result announcement to the Section/ Council Chairs and Secretaries and maintain a record of award recipients on the Region 10 Website.
Points of Contacts:
To: Region 10 Young Professionals Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cc. IEEE Asia-Pacific Limited Office (email@example.com)
Cc. to Region 10 Awards & Recognition Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)